What should you expect during your engagement photoshoot?
This depends on where you go and what ideas you and your photographer have to make your shoot unique to you. However, you can usually expect an engagement shoot to include the following:
- 1-2 hours at a venue or location of your choosing, with your photographer guiding you around a series of spots to take photos. This doesn't have to be formal or a pre-planned route, it could just be them spotting features whilst taking a stroll.
- You may prefer to do an activity instead, to help distract you from the camera or to mimic a first date perhaps, such as mini-golf, surfing or bowling, etc.
- Questions! This is a great opportunity for everyone to get to know each other. Your photographer will have questions about your wedding but will also want to get to know you both better. Likewise, no doubt you will have ample questions about what to expect from your photographer on or after your wedding.
- It's also a great chance for you to get to know your photographer better and feel comfortable around them.
- If this is the first time meeting your photographer it can also be a great time to go through samples of your chosen package, such as albums, swatch books, presentation boxes, etc.
- Depending on the proximity to your wedding day it may also be helpful to review the schedule for the day and talk through when best to prioritise time for photos.
- Have a contingency! Whether you have your engagement shoot booked well in advance or simply don't have the option to easily arrange something at short notice because you're too busy or your photographer has limited availability, have a plan B incase the weather isn't what you were hoping for.
If you've decided on booking an engagement shoot and want to get into the details of planning what to do, check out my top tips in the blog post below!